Monday, March 2, 2009

Whites Sessions

Sathairn/ Saturday

Session 1: 11.00 - 30 minutes Power snatch, 20 minutes clean pull, 5 x 4 military press
Notes: I was feeling a bit tired from the journey during this session. I went as far as 55kg in the power snatch and 75 kg in the clean pull.

Session 2: 12.30 - 13.30- 30 minutes snatch, 30 minutes back squat.
Notes: Went as far as 65 snatch, and failed at 70....maybe get it later! Maxed in back squat at 130kg....

Session 3: 2.30 -3.30 30 minutes clean and jerk, 30 minutes snatch pull.
Notes: This session followed the first cryo session. Went up to 90 in clean and jerk. 2 kg better than what I lifted at the recent UL open. Finished snath pulls at 70kg.

Session 4: 3.50- 4.50- 30 minutes power clean, 30 minutes back squat.
Power cleaned 90kg, and was happy with this. I was feeling good during this session and much fresher than in the first session! New back squat PB at 135 kg. After a some more cryo it was a good end to a hard day! My legs and body felt extremely tired at dinner but will gather myself to go again tomorrow!


Domhnach/ Sunday


Session 1: 30 minutes power snatch, 30 minutes power clean and jerk
Notes: I, along with the rest of the training group were feeling tired and stiff at the beginning of this session. Despite this there was still an air of positivity about the session. Power snatched 60 kg during this session, and went as far as 70 in the power clean and jerk.

Session 2: 30 minutes snatch, 30 minutes front squat.
Notes: We decided to leave the two cryo sessions untill the training was finished so we had a short bvreak between the first and second sessions. I felt much better during this session than the first. Snatched 65 and failed at 70....New pb in front squat at 125kg.

Verdict on the Cryotherapy:
There was a mixed reaction to the cryotherapy treatment amongst the training group. In all I did 4 sessions of 4-5 minutes each. When I awoke on Sunday following 4 training sessions and 2 cryo sessions on saturday I did not feel to bad at all but I did feel extremely sluggish during the first session on Sunday morning. Considering the 4 hours of maximal training undertaken on Saturday, it was good to be able to stand today! However, I have got a sunburn like rash on my right achilles tendon caused by the -110 degrees celcius temperature in the chamber.

On Monday morning, I felt very fresh with no soreness, or stiffness. This could have been due to the cryo, or the time spent in the sauna and pool after training on Sunday. It could have been a combination. Blisters on the burn on the achilles now. The people at the cryo chamber put this down to wearing ankle socks.

Final word:
Cryo chamber may aid recovery but comes with a hefty enough price tag, and the possibility of some uncomfortable burns!


No comments:

Post a Comment